Hello Sailor....

Hello Sailor....

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Sailors uniform

Being ex Navy I am surprised that the feelings for seeing the uniform on others and for still wearing it are still so strong. However apart from wearing when 'in the mood' at home re-enacting also takes its share and it is surprising when doing 40s events just how many enjoy seeing that uniform. Any more 'can I touch you collar for luck, Jack' and my collar will be completely faded! Not sure if this happens in the US.
I also started to collect other Navies uniforms when I served and have ended up with a large collection from around the World. I also like collecting pictures of sailors in uniform both old, vintage and today's as no matter how 'old' the uniform is it still has that magic appeal.
I know this may be considered to be a bit 'kinky' but as I enjoy it, and hope others do, who cares?

Are there any other guys who share this interest?


In my own Brit sailors Blues before a good uniform night at a local Club.


In a set of Tropical Whites in summer at a mates place.


And in a set of, what is now my favourite uniform, the US Sailors Dress blues at a recent 40s Event.

No comments:

Post a Comment